There is already 1.4 support in both 3.0 and HEAD.  The jboss/connector
module has some conditionals which build some javax stubs for 1.3 but
not for 1.4.

IMO it would be better to integrate Jetty as binary, so that we don't
have to keep the build systems in syncs in addition to the sources.
This will make it much easier to update when Jetty updates too.

--jason