Bugs item #563448, was opened at 2002-06-02 02:57
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=563448&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.1

Initial Comment:
Recently 3.1 and I think 3.0 were modified so that
deployment exceptions propagated out of main deployer.
 This has some questionable consequences in the
presence of mbean dependencies, which was the reason I
hid the exceptions in the first place.

If mbean B depends on mbean A, but B does not deploy
successfully, then:

If A is deployed first, it will deploy successfully,
then B can be deployed unsuccessfully.

However if B is deployed first, it will wait for A.
During the deployment of A, B will be deployed, and the
resulting exception will cause the deployment of A to
fail also.

For instance, if there is a "undeployable" depending on
the ConnectionManager mbean for DefaultDS, and the
undeployable happens to get deployed before the
ConnectionManager, it will prevent DefaultDS from
deploying, thus breaking large amounts of the system.

I'm not sure what the best solution to this is.  I
don't think the current state of affairs is desirable,
since a  "rogue" mbean can break any correctly working
mbean by arranging to be deployed first.

I lean toward having an easily accessible list of
mbeans that can't be deployed and possibly returning a
status code from deployers.