> Got me.  I am a bit to EJB centric at the moment.  I would guess that
> plan it to merge them, but I don't know.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this topic.  I imagine AOP converges
on this issue as well?

> Cool. I'm interested in the MBean persistence stuff.  I have no plans on
> writing the final metadata repository, I just want to use one, so I will
> quickly write something with a very simple interface that can be
> replaced later.  I feel that all this stuff is related, we just need to
> figure out how it all fits together.

Well, that is pretty much the approach with the MBean persistence stuff,
AFAIK.  The mechanism is pluggable, and the implementation is really a RI /
"straw man".  Personally, I think that persistence of metadata for the
server (JMX or otherwise) should be pluggable -- file, XML file, JDBC,
whatever on the back end.

To me, JMX is all about metadata -- in a sense, it is the metadata that
makes detyped invocation work.  When you talk about adding metadata to an
invocation, and storing that metadata somewhere, it sounds just like MBean
persistence.  At a minimum, you should be able to reuse some ideas, if not
code, from the management module...

  - Matt