OK so we are really in a bind here.  The script kiddy code may be
functional, this lack of caching is really killing us.  The site is
pegged at 100 with dips at 50% on occasion but all in all the profile
looks pretty bad.  The Java code was 3 times faster.  I feel good on one
hand because this is yet another point in the "cache is king" category
but it is also horrible scalability.  It also makes the website next to
un-usable since the response time is so bad.

Next time I hear some ignorant bozo tell me apache is fast and c is fast
and java is slow I take my baseball bat and smash his head in.  I am
tired of the rampant ignorance even among the geeks.  It is just amusing
at this point. We need to port the functionality we use in the website
one to one with EJB's backing it up and offering some caching so we can
multiply the speed by 10 and go back to our usual 10% CPU utilization.

JNUKE will be a killer project.

marcf

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marc Fleury, Ph.D.