Scott,

  Email is bad format for emoting -- intent is often misinterpreted.  I sincerely hope
that I have not offended anyone.  This is never my intent.

I don't understand.  I don't understand how the RW attribute issue relates to the
service lifecycle.  I am not being critical, I am not being coy.  I am sure that you
are right and I am wrong, but I don't know why.  If you can spare the time, please
elaborate on this issue.

> Twiddling attributes is an operation indepedent of restarting
> a service and if you don't agree with that then we are at a viewpoint impass.

I just don't understand what this means.  I have no intent of restarting a service.  I
am not talking about restarting services.  I am talking about the MBean interface.
David brought up the service lifecycle.  I barely know what the service lifecycle is.
Could you please elaborate on this issue?

> Setting
> a RW attribute has an effect. Its just not the effect you are looking for so either
>get
> on board and work within the service life cycle or go play in your JMX sandbox.

setFoo(Object newFoo)  {  } /** this is an effect? */

Let me reiterate that I am not being critical, I am not telling anyone what to do, and
I am here to learn.

JBoss is great.  The JBoss developers are awesome.  It is a privelege to be a part of
this discussion in the first place.

  - Matt Munz

    Apelon, Inc.

<<winmail.dat>>