--- Bill Burke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I would like to note that my future plans for this
> involve method specific
> > interceptor chains with a variety of "client side"
> and "server side" tx
> > interceptors, each one performing half of the
> TxSupport work.  No maps,
> > just different specialized interceptors, with
> different interceptors per
> > method depending on the tx support.
> >

> Hmmmm...thanks for mentioning this.  The AOP
> framework will have to change
> to support his type of per method intercepiton.
>
> Currently the ClassAdvisor asks the
> InterceptorFactory for an instance of an
> Interceptor and adds it to the interceptor chain.
> For what you want to do,
> this will have to change.  The InterceptorFactory
> should be responsible for
> adding interceptors to the chain.  Otherwise, my
> isolation and separation of
> metadata, interceptors, and pointcuts will be
> broken.

I don't think that you model would be too broken.
His interceptors should only hav to implement the
org.jboss.aop.InvocationFilterInterceptor interface:
boolean intercepts(Invocation invocation);

The org.jboss.aop.Invocation.invokeNext() will skip
over interceptors that do not interested the
invocation.  Currently invokeNext() interogates the
intercetors on every invocation, but I think that we
should be able to keep a per Invocation interceptor
stack cache so that we can skip the interogation after
the first method call.