yes,

I think this could be a war-less decision :)

DP/interfaces required for remoting.

Get/set required for cache/cmp instrumentation on AOP.

There are some grey areas as to when we require interfaces and plain
POJO for server only stuff.

As Scott pointed out the JNDI rewrite as a AOP/DP or AOP/POJO service is
a requirement to test our stuff. Securing the JNDI access would be done
very simply with the framework wether it is behind an interface or
methods of pojo is completely irrelevant except that interface is
required for DP/remote which is the case ANYWAY as we use the J2EE
interface definition of JNDI.

If an object is

|(O

| is the interface
( are the methods to the object
O is the actual implementation

or
(O for a pojo

then using

|[](O
is the DP approach where the [] interception is like the current EJB
implementation and what Hiram was proposing to do in the very beginning

([]O
is the current AOP approach for POJO's.

There shouldn't be a war in these two approaches and the interface one
should systematically use DP

marcf