I forwarded the contact info at the 2 java compiler projects onto Julien. Both support passing in a class loader from which classes will be obtained.

One of the projects has a licensing issue (GPL), but they may be willing to change. The other project does not full implement the language spec, but may have enough for JSP.

-dain

On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 01:29 PM, Scott M Stark wrote:

So get another compiler. We don't need no stinking JSR.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
Chief Technology Officer
JBoss Group, LLC
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] php5 is coming

Scott M Stark wrote:
We really have not looked into tweaking the jsp compiler layer to see if
the filesystem requirement can be replaced by an input stream or byte[]
view of classes as far as I know. Its something to look into as another
optimization/benefit of embedding the web container into JBoss.

I don't see how you can do that. The problem is the Java compiler
(there's already a JSR for that already, ETA is for Tiger).
I recommed using JSP compilation to just get rid of the compilation crap
at runtime. I think we should eventually recommend in the docs that
people do that during the deployment process of the webapp.

Remy

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: ValueWeb: Dedicated Hosting for just $79/mo with 500 GB of bandwidth! No other company gives more support or power for your dedicated server http://click.atdmt.com/AFF/go/sdnxxaff00300020aff/direct/01/ _______________________________________________ Jboss-development mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-development