Hi Bill;

  I don't quite understand "calls over the net."  According to the stack trace;

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099.  Root
exception is
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:199)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1181)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:514)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:507)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at com.boxhead.framework.ejb.EJBUtil.getEJB(EJBUtil.java:86)

NamingContext is opening a socket connection to "localhost" and reading Naming from an
ObjectInputStream.  The object that is coming across is not "Naming" and hence, the
ClassCastException.  I believe I am exploiting some sort of bug in JBoss... or could
it be a JVM issue?  I am on Windows 1.4.1_01.

I believe this problem has nothing to do with the classes I am supplying.  If it was,
then the failure would appear somewhere else ... later in the code in NamingContext.

Any help would be appreciated ... I have been stuck on this problem for days.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3832766#3832766

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3832766