Here are a couple of the simpler scenarios...

Case 1: Administering a single JBoss instance which is local to the Admin
Console, i.e. the Admin Console is running inside the instance which is being
administered. This the only case we truely care about for the first phase of
Admin Console development:

0) User comes to the Admin Console.
1) They choose to create a datasource and browse to the driver jar on their
local machine.
2) They submit the form to create the Datasource which causes the driver jar to
be uploaded to a folder on the machine where the Admin Console is running, e.g.
C:\jboss\server\default\adminconsole\uploads. This is all provided for us
courtesy of Struts (http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsFileUpload)
3) The user presses the commit button to make the Datasource creation permanent.
4) The Admin Console then passes the Datasource definition information,
including a URL to the driver jar, e.g.
file://C:/jboss/server/default/adminconsole/uploads/mydriver.jar, into a POJO
service
5) This POJO service calls the createModule() operation on the
DeploymentService MBean.
6) The DeploymentService works its magic to produce the appropriate SAR file in
C:\jboss\server\default\deploy, for example.

Case 2: Administering a single JBoss instance which is remote to the Admin
Console, i.e. the Admin Console is running inside JBoss on one machine and we
are trying to administer a different JBoss instance which is running on a
separate machine.

0) User comes to the Admin Console and chooses which remote server to
administer.
1), 2), 3) as above
4) The Admin Console passes the Datasource definition information, including a
URL to the driver jar, into the JBoss Network CommandClient on the local
machine.
5) JBoss/Remoting magic happens. What I'm essentially saying is that how the
driver jar gets from the local machine to the remote machine is an
implementation detail of the JBoss Network Command Framework and
JBoss/Remoting. It should not be a concern of the Admin Console or
DeploymentService.
6) The appropriate JBoss Network CommandService gets called on the remote
machine with the information which was passed to the CommandClient.
7) The CommandService calls the POJO serivce passing in all the data it
received. This is analagous to step 4) above.
8) As step 5) above.
9) As step 6) above.

So overall I guess I'm saying there is a generic problem to be solved which is:
Pass a reference to some binary data on machine A --> get a reference to that
binary data on machine B
[Another distinct problem is obviously where there are multiple machine B's]

If this is solved then the Admin Console and the DeploymentService can proceed
in the same general manner whether talking to each other locally or remotely.

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863137#3863137

Reply to the post :