> The org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformFactoryImpl visible
> through the TCL, for a non-scoped deployment, wouldn't be
> again the JDK bundled xalan, since this is loaded with the
> Bootstrap CL? (testing my CL knowledge here :)

Not necessarily because the org.apache.* is not a jdk core classes.
Neither are the javax.* nor bundled org.* classes. All of those can be
created in a scoped context by a class loader that does not delegate to
its parent. Only classes in the java.* namespace cannot be passed to the
ClassLoader.defineClass method. When this does not work is when you have
mixing of classes with static references to jdk bootstrap classes in a
class that is being used across different class loaders. There is no
notion of "redefine class on inconsistent type system usage" although
there should be in server environments.

> Fine, I'll remove it and see if anyone complaints :)
>
> Maybe we should go for an 4.0.4.RC2, too.

That is probably a good idea. Two weeks for CR2(RC2 is now bad, I'll
update the jboss version usage today), and the GA in 3-4 weeks after
that.