The question is where the the xml-apis.jar come from then? It should not
include a TransformerFactory if its not from the xalan distribution
which is what I suspect. The origin of the xml jars needs to be
validated and if the xerces distribution defaults to configuring a
TransformerFactory, that should be removed.

The xml parser is needed to override the buggy jdk version.