Its not clear that removal of the javax.xml.transform.* is safe. There
are references to org.w3c.dom.* from the javax.xml.transform.dom for
example. We cannot simply remove just the
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory. It would have to be all
javax.xml.transform.* classes.

The presence of the javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory should not
affect a user being able to override the transformer by dropping in an
xsl jar with a META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
entry as this takes precedence over the TransformerFactory defaults.