This is always the case though. Any attempt to override the xsl factory
will be subject to matching the javax.xml.transform.* in effect.

> Removing javax.xml.transform.* is not clear that is safe (I
> guess because you might have incompatible parser api+impl <->
> transformer
> api+impl interactions?)
>
> Ok, we are doomed :)
There are some xml parser class dependencies in the
javax.xml.transform.dom and javax.xml.transform.sax packages. I just
don't know if the javax.xml.transform.* in jaxp 1.3 can use the 1.2 xml
parsers.

It's a tradeoff between introducing a xsl parser dependency that the
user may not want vs modifying the TransformerFactory to be more
flexible at the cost of the user potentially have to configure the
TransformerFactory default. I think modifying the TransformerFactory is
the most flexible, but maybe just bundling the xsl parser is the
simplest.