Hey Edward,

> LOL! You must be a mind reader to work out precisely what I 
> meant from what
> I wrote :-)

Well, what did you mean then ? I've understood that you would like to mark
the bean as dirty; unfortunately the container does not ask this question to
it, but to another object.

> >Commit option is set in jboss.xml
> 
> Which is specific to jBoss is it not - ie depend on it and you have a
> non-portable app.

Well, depends on what do you mean for non-portable: you can port the bean to
WL, just specify commit option C in the corrispondent configuration file for
WL.
Of course you cannot copy the jar from JBoss to WL as is, but you can port
it.

Simon

> 
> HTH,
> 
> Simon
> 
> > Hi Aravind
> > 
> > Are you using CMP ? If so then you shouldn't really be accessing the
> > database directly - it's "implementation detail" of how jBoss 
> > happens to
> > implement CMP. Also you have problems like you describe.
> > 
> > Consider using BMP if you want complete control over the db and the
> > persistence mechanisms used by your beans.
> > 
> > Edward
> > 
> > PS
> > 
> > Here's a pseudo-code kludge for CMP - very horrible and very 
> > inefficient but
> > the only way I know you could even begin to do it with CMP ;-)
> > 
> > mySessionBean::doBulkUpdate()
> > {
> >     do bulk update
> >     get home interface
> >     for each modified entity
> >             home.findbyPrimarykey();
> >             entity.markDirty();
> > }
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Aravind Ajad Y [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > Sent: 13 December 2000 14:37
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: [jBoss-User] Entity Bean becoming Dirty..
> > Importance: High
> > 
> > 
> > Hi All,
> > 
> > I am having a situation where I am using an entity bean is 
> > used to represent
> > a row in the database.
> > I also have another situation where I have to update multiple 
> > rows in single
> > transaction.  Since it
> > bulk update, I am using a stateless session bean to call the 
> > update query.
> > Now since the database
> > is updated by Stateless Session Bean the data hold by the 
> > entity bean became
> > dirty.  How can I update
> > the data in the entity beans that are dirty.
> > 
> > regards,
> > Aravind.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > --
> > --------------------------------------------------------------
> > To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 
> > 
> > --
> > --------------------------------------------------------------
> > To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 
> 
> 
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 


--
--------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to