What Rickard said - I couldn't remember the exact name of the commit option
option...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Walters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 10:11 AM
To: 'jBoss'
Subject: RE: [jBoss-User] Entity Bean becoming Dirty..


What if you set the descriptor to database is shared so it does an ejbLoad
everytime you access the entity bean?  I'm not sure what the syntax to do
this is, but it might give you part of what you want.

Cheers
Jay Walters

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenworthy, Edward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 9:46 AM
To: 'jBoss'
Subject: RE: [jBoss-User] Entity Bean becoming Dirty..


Hi Aravind

Are you using CMP ? If so then you shouldn't really be accessing the
database directly - it's "implementation detail" of how jBoss happens to
implement CMP. Also you have problems like you describe.

Consider using BMP if you want complete control over the db and the
persistence mechanisms used by your beans.

Edward

PS

Here's a pseudo-code kludge for CMP - very horrible and very inefficient but
the only way I know you could even begin to do it with CMP ;-)

mySessionBean::doBulkUpdate()
{
        do bulk update
        get home interface
        for each modified entity
                home.findbyPrimarykey();
                entity.markDirty();
}

-----Original Message-----
From: Aravind Ajad Y [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 December 2000 14:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [jBoss-User] Entity Bean becoming Dirty..
Importance: High


Hi All,

I am having a situation where I am using an entity bean is used to represent
a row in the database.
I also have another situation where I have to update multiple rows in single
transaction.  Since it
bulk update, I am using a stateless session bean to call the update query.
Now since the database
is updated by Stateless Session Bean the data hold by the entity bean became
dirty.  How can I update
the data in the entity beans that are dirty.

regards,
Aravind.




--
--------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]


--
--------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]


--
--------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]


--
--------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Problems?:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to