I think part of the problem here is that outside of a few, small example
applications provided by the gracious Seam team, there are no true examples of
a large, enterprise-level application properly using Seam conversations.

Seam is so closely coupled with conversations that there is no true way of
escaping them.  Yet the amount of confusion over how to manage them in an Web
environment where the user is truly allowed to go anywhere, do anything, start
any process and end it at any time, should point out to the Seam team that
*are* issues with conversations in general.

They're a great idea - but I know we're struggling with their usage.  Results
are unpredictable at best.  The authors of Seam documentation attempt to show
its great value but in practice it is hard to come by.  Try using breadcrumbs
based off of Seam conversations - I'll tell you upfront that it simply will
cause more headaches than it is worth in a system with many pages and processes.

I think there needs to be a definitive, large-scale example on how to manage
conversations in an enterprise application.  There is simply too much confusion
for this to be ignored.

My two cents.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118845#4118845