Robert de Lorimier [https://community.jboss.org/people/r_delorimier] created
the discussion

"Re: JBPM 5: Workflow not leaving embedded sub process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/785278#785278

Ok, so  I do not understand how the workflow works then. What I think you are
saying is that I really need to have a single human task that combines the
reject and accept decision, and then the divergent gateway is used to go to the
end or go back to the beginning.

That is a little less satisfactory, because I wanted to pick up the two
unexecuted accept and reject tasks and present them as buttons. If one was then
executed then jbpm would remove the other one. I thought you could use a
divergent parallel gateway with multiple skippable tasks, and an XOR convergent
gateway on the other side. The first human task completed would then go to the
convergent gateway and complete the flow for that area between the divergent
and convergent gateways. The branches that did not make it first were then
deleted or invalidated. Are you saying this is not possible?