On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Toby Allsopp wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 11:06:44AM -0700, Daren R. Sefcik wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Toby Allsopp wrote:
> >
> > > I suspect that this means that you have the configuration half right.
> > > You need to set up the mapping from jdbc/JBossDB to java:/MYDB in jboss.xml.
> > >
> > > Toby.
> >
> > humm..I tried but it still does not work...here are my entries, could you
> > please see if you can spot the problem area..??..thanks.
>
> Your jboss.xml is really screwed up. Have a look at the documentation. There
> you can find the DTD for jboss.xml. Looking through the archives of this list
> and its predecessor should turn up some examples.
>
> Toby.

I am still trying to work my way into using JBoss/EJB so forgive me, but could you
please explain to me what is screwed up..I have looked thru the archives
and searched the mailing list and see many different posts that are not the same.
The DTD for jboss.xml may be clear to someone who is experienced, but for a beginner
(me)
it is not entirely clear.
This configuration works except for the jdbc/JBossDb entry...I can only
access the DB pool using "java:/MSQLDB"  not "java:comp/env/jdbc/JBossDB".

thanks
Daren

jboss.xml
========

<jboss>

  <web>
    <ejb-ref>
     <ejb-ref-name>ejb/MyLoginServlet</ejb-ref-name>
     <jndi-name>MyLoginServlet</jndi-name>
    </ejb-ref>
  </web>

  <enterprise-beans>
    <ejb>
      <ejb-name>LoginServletBean</ejb-name>
      <jndi-name>MyLoginServlet</jndi-name>
      <resource-ref>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/JBossDB</res-ref-name>
        <resource-name>MSQLJDBC</resource-name>
      </resource-ref>
    </ejb>
  </enterprise-beans>

  <resource-managers>
    <resource-manager res-class="org.jboss.ejb.deployment.JDBCResource">
       <res-name>MSQLJDBC</res-name>
       <res-jndi-name>java:/MSQLDB</res-jndi-name>
    </resource-manager>
  </resource-managers>

</jboss>