On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Toby Allsopp wrote:

> I strongly suggest that you learn how to read XML DTDs. All of the
> configuration for J2EE uses XML, and being able to understand the DTDs
> will make your life much easier.

Sort of my point..I am trying to learn, and from what I have it seems to me it
should work, but it does not.

> > This configuration works except for the jdbc/JBossDb entry...I can only
> > access the DB pool using "java:/MSQLDB"  not "java:comp/env/jdbc/JBossDB".
>
> The only problem that jumps out at me is the <ejb> tag. The DTD calls for
> either <session> or <entity> at that point.

This comes from my application.xml file which is:

<application>
  <display-name>LoginServletApp</display-name>
  <description>Application description</description>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>loginWAR.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>servlets</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>loginJAR.jar</ejb>
  </module>
</application>

Any further ideas would be great.

thanks,
Daren

> Note that I have never done this myself - all of my knowledge comes from
> looking at the source and reading the mailing lists.
>
> Toby.
>
> > thanks
> > Daren
> >
> > jboss.xml
> > ========
> >
> > <jboss>
> >
> >   <web>
> >     <ejb-ref>
> >      <ejb-ref-name>ejb/MyLoginServlet</ejb-ref-name>
> >      <jndi-name>MyLoginServlet</jndi-name>
> >     </ejb-ref>
> >   </web>
> >
> >   <enterprise-beans>
> >     <ejb>
> >       <ejb-name>LoginServletBean</ejb-name>
> >       <jndi-name>MyLoginServlet</jndi-name>
> >       <resource-ref>
> >         <res-ref-name>jdbc/JBossDB</res-ref-name>
> >         <resource-name>MSQLJDBC</resource-name>
> >       </resource-ref>
> >     </ejb>
> >   </enterprise-beans>
> >
> >   <resource-managers>
> >     <resource-manager res-class="org.jboss.ejb.deployment.JDBCResource">
> >        <res-name>MSQLJDBC</res-name>
> >        <res-jndi-name>java:/MSQLDB</res-jndi-name>
> >     </resource-manager>
> >   </resource-managers>
> >
> > </jboss>

Daren Sefcik