On 16 Apr, Alexander Kogan wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>

>> Is it possible to contsruct some sort of factory that rules a complete
>> subcontext. An example: Suppose I want to send JMS messages from server
>> A to B. At A I would like to define a namspace like this:
>> java/serverB-jms I would then like to be able to lookup for example
>> java:/serverB-jms/topic/testTopic or
>> java:/serverB-jms/TopicConnectionFactory. But I do not want to have to
>> bind al those name into the A JNDI, only the java/serverB-jms. This name
>> should then somehow be bound to a factory that would lookup and returns
>> the objects from the remote machine.
>>
>> Any thoughts any one?
>
> Would "federation" help there?

It shure sounds like that. But I have found no example of how to do
that. Would it be possible to sort of bind in server-b:1099 into a
subcontext of server-a?

For now I am investigating the possibility of binding a StringRefAddr
with type URL and the external url (perhaps jnp://server-b:1099) in a
Reference, and hope that the server will return a ResolvResult to the
JNDI client. But I have not followed that thought to it's end yet.

//Peter

Peter Antman             Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm
Systems Architect        WWW: http://www.tim.se
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]        WWW: http://www.backsource.org
Phone: +46-(0)8-506 381 11 Mobile: 070-675 3942