> For binding a subcontext from a remote server you should be able to use the
>Context.PROVIDER_URL
> to specify the subcontext and so the SubContext attribute should not be necessary. To
> create a local alias I would rather create a new NamingAlias mbean that created
>LinkRefs:
>     <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingAlias"
>name=":service=NamingAlias,fromName=java:jms/topic">
>       <attribute name="FromName">java:jms/topic</attribute>
>       <attribute name="ToName">topic</attribute>
>    </mbean>

That would be great.  I guess this started because I was unable to lookup a
QueueConnection (which I still have not had time to figure out based on the
given suggestions).  I just ran into another issues, where a deployed
servlet needs to access a SSB and EB on a different VM.  I installed a
ExternalContext (very nice), then modified my code to use an
InitialContext(), then get the mapped sub-context and use it for Home
lookups.

Sounds fine... until I start working with EJB handles... which will just use
the InitialContext(), not a sub-context there of.  If there was a nice way
to create an alias to the default names (from the imported external
context), then I would not have to perform an *magic* to restore a handle.

Anyways, it sounds like a NamingAlias MBean would be a helpful feature.

--jason