----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Using JMS resources (or other resources)

> Well, I naively tried that:
>
> localhost:1199/topic
>
> But that did not work. Looking at the code for jnp it does not look as
> if the subcontexts is picked up. Have you gotten this to work?

I have tried it with providers other than jnp and it works. I'll fix the jnp
code to work as well.

<snip>

> > Is all that your trying to do related to the current fact that the
>ApplicationMetaData
> > object requires resource names to be relative to the java: context? I view this
> > requirement as invalid and I am going to remove this requirement so that resource
> > references can refer to any context.
> >

> Both yes and no. Locally it would be better if the java: requirement was
> removed from ApplicationMetaData (or JMS stuff is added to the Container
> resource handling - like is done for mail) so that java: is not needed
> any more for resource-refs. (Why is it there in the first place).
>
> But I also want it because with JMS you will often want to send messages
> to destinations on other servers. But for that problem, ExternalContext
> is the solution.

Once the requirement that a resource-ref jndi name be relative the java: context
is removed you can do as you please using ExternalContext to bind the remote
server contexts under whatever name you choose. I'm going to commit the
change that removes the current ApplicationMetaData requirement for the java:
prefix today to the main branch.

> (For Message Driven Beans this already works perfect, but thats only
> because we have total control over the environment and does all naming
> lookups via a JMSProviderAdapter. For a resource adapter for JMS the
> challange is that the lookup of the ConnectionFactories is under our
> control, but not the lookup of the destination. This mean to get non
> compliant API we need some way to bind in external destinations through
> the resource framework. Since this will be the only way to get access to
> external destination I want the way to use JMS to be symetric. You
> basically should use the same way to reference destinations, be they
> local or externa. If the deployment stuff is changed so that we can
> reference for example topic/testTopic without the url-hack, all will be
> fine - I think. )

Ok. Pickup the change to ApplicationMetaData when you see the commit
and let me know if that solves your problem.