This is in fact exatly what we did.
This was however a test, and we just could figure out what precisly went
wrong.

After your mail we did talk some more (here at the office) and now we got
this simple question.

If we from our JSP call a SLSB with a findByPrimary(something), and then
afterwards FROM JSP calls setLastName(newLastName), and the EJB ref. is held
in the SLSB - can we then not be 100% it is the same EJB we just found
earlier.

In this example, is the correct method:

customerDataHolder currCustomer = SLSB.findByPrimary (loginName)

customerDataHolder.setLastName (newLastName);

SLSB.findAndSetCustomer (customerDataHolder);
 - and here the SLSB will make a new findByPrimary to make sure it is the
correct customer.
 - and afterwards call the setCustomerData method.

Please note that the bean layer is not included in this small example!

Again - thanks for your responses!

 - René Rolander Nygaard