From: David Jencks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 24 April 2001 15:33
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Configuring Jboss to use Log4j ?

Hi, the current log4j connection with jboss ignores almost all good
features of log4j and duplicates much of its functionality.  That being
said, using the non-log4j method of getting a log ends up with the logging
going through log4j.  I hope I haven't left anything important out here, I
haven't tried to log from within a bean.  A recent 2.3 patch lets you treat
log names ( the stuff that shows up in []) as log4j categories.

the log

org.jboss.logging.Log log;

when you create your object

log = Log.createLog("myname");

when you want to log something

Log.setLog(log);  //duplicates NDC.push(source) log4j functionality

log.log("my message");

Log.unsetLog(log); //duplicates NDC.pop() log4j  functionality