Hi,

Well, with the recent patch you can turn on and off logging by using the
name for your log as a log4j category.  There are no hierarchies in
categories, and the duplicated functionality has got to slow things down
some, but at least you have some control, and I guess can forward logging
to other log4j's etc.

david jencks