From: Scott M Stark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 24 April 2001 19:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Configuring Jboss to use Log4j ?

Why is your code creating a Log4jService and calling start on it? This is
done
automatically when you have this entry in jboss.conf:
<MLET CODE = "org.jboss.logging.Log4jService" ARCHIVE="jboss.jar,log4j.jar"
CODEBASE="../../lib/ext/">
</MLET>

If I create a simple mbean that does the logging your code fragment does:
public class TestLog4j implements TestLog4jMBean
{
    public void start() throws Exception
    {
        Category cat =
Category.getInstance("com.wa.beans.flightManagerBean");
        cat.debug("Test Log using category=com.wa.beans.flightManagerBean");
    }
}

and configure the Log4jService and remove the ConsoleLogging & FileLogging
entries
I see this in the server.log file on startup of the JBoss server:
[] Test Log using category=com.wa.beans.flightManagerBean