> Is this CMP or BMP? We're focusing on CMP performance in version 2.3.

CMP

> How are the transactions written? Do you call multiple methods from a
> client, or are you using session wrappers, or is each transaction one
> method inherently?

I think that transaction per method. I do not use any explicit transaction
handling. The only thing that is transaction related is ejb-jar.xml
descriptor with "Required" transaction for all methods ("*").

> Do the update and delete call a finder then loop through the
> resulting
> collection, or do the call individual findByPrimaryKey()s?

No, I use either findByPrimaryKey() or findBy<FIELD> methods.

> Also, if you can try Postgres 7.1, it should be much faster
> for various
> reasons.

Thank you for suggestion, I will.