On Thu, 17 May 2001, Thomas Grnert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> documentation says:
>
> public class ABean implements EntityBean {
>     public void BusinessMethod(...) {
>
>         BHome home = (BHome)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/myBean");
>         B bean = home.create(pk);
>     }
> }
>
> My inside a SessionBean code looks like:
>

> private SessionContext ctx;
>
> public void setSessionContext(SessionContext sc)
> {
>       this.ctx = sc;
> }
>

> public DocumentFragment getMassnahmeByID(long ID) throws RemoteException
> {
>               MassnahmeHome m_home =
>(MassnahmeHome)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/entity/katalog/Massnahme");
                                                      ^^^

There's very little context here, but it seems as though you try to use
the SessionContext for a JNDI lookup. The SessionContext is not a JNDI
context. You should probably do the following instead:

MassnahmeHome m_home = (MassnahmeHome)
ic.lookup("java:comp/env/entity/katalog/Massnahme");

Cheers