On (07/06/01 13:04), ZHU Jia wrote:
> 1. How to model our existing inheritence tree in EJB? Someone told me
> that both the RemoteInterface and the bean class should be in the tree,
> but I'm not sure about that. Can I let an Interface inherit from a
> normal class? What does it mean exactly?

interfaces cannot inherit from classes.  An interface can extend another
interface or even multiple interfaces (unlike Java classes), but there
are no semantics for interfaces extending classes.

> I need this inheritence thing because we used the Factory pattern, in
> which only a super class is returned and the client should decide which
> subclass it is, can I realize this elegantly in EJB?

It's hard to discern exactly how you want to employ EJB's in your existing
framework, so I can't give you any specific answers.  But keep in mind that
J2EE doesn't particularly limit your use of supporting classes.  Perhaps the
EJB's themselves won't nestle into your inheritance framework, but surely
they can interact nicely with your framework through the use of supporting
objects.

Mike