Hi Jules.

We've still got a hitch in the new version.  Now the web server is not
starting up at all.

Here's what is happening.  In JettyService.startService, you added a
check to Jetty.isStarted = HttpServer.isStarted.  This call is not doing
what you want though.  HttpServer.isStarted checks with its LogSink, its
Listeners, and its Contexts.  If ANY of the above are started, it
returns true.

I have a JBoss-deployed war.  JBoss WarDeployer service runs before the
Jetty service, and when it deploys my context Jetty.deploy starts the
context.  Then, when Jetty goes to start up, it finds out that one
context is started, and concludes that the server is started.
Unfortunately no listeners are started so we are screwed.

It occurs to me though that I could work around by moving the Jetty
service above the WarDeployer in jboss.jcml.  Checking...

Yes.  The workaround fixes the problem.  It still would be better if it
would work without tweaking the jboss.jcml file though.

I guess you could have Jetty explicitly keep track of whether or not it
has been started.  Maybe you will see something better.  I have to get
to bed!

Thanks for the quick turnaround Jules.
Dave