Robert:
   I have run jboss on Solaris 5.6 and Windows 2000 in development without
problems.  I recommend either platform (Solaris 5.6 + or Windows 2000).
Randy

Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Stability problems on Linux
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:32:22 -0400

This is an older article
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/java2/index.html?dwz=
one=3Djava,

but it has some good information and it may be of some help.

Rob

                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                    Frank Fr=F6se                                      =
                                                                  =20
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                To:     "'jboss=
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>=20
                    Sent by:                            cc:            =
                                                                =20
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Groups: Don't Expa=
nd                                                              =20
                    eforge.net                          Subject:     [J=
Boss-user] Stability problems on Linux                          =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                    06/28/01 05:32 AM                                  =
                                                                =20
                    Please respond to jboss-user                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20

We have severe problems bringing stability to our Apache/Tomcat/JBoss b=
ased
application on Linux OS. Every thing seems to run stable while traffic =
is
low. But when traffic increases the VM forkes hundered of OS processes =
what
causes thousands (>40,000) of open files. At the end all OS resources a=
re
consumed and the application dies.

I read about Linux's weak thread implementation which uses an OS proces=
for
each thread. Could this be the source of our problems? Is there a way t=
control this resources greed of our application?

Our configuration:

    Linux 2.2.18
    JDK 1.3.0 (Sun HotSpot)
    JBoss 2.2.2
    Tomcat 3.2.2
    Apache 1.3.19

Would you probably recommend to better switch to Windows or Solaris OS?=
 If
so, which is the preferred OS for a JBoss application?

    - Frank
Schon gesehen? Schon geklickt? Schon begeistert? Das neue Maggi Kochstu=
dio
im Internet http://www.maggi.de

=