Burkhard,

Thanks for the response - had already ticked that box though, assuming
you're referring to the datasourceclass attribute.  I did notice some more
though - I've come to the conclusion the two are related.  I haven't ever
had an XAException and not seen a EOFException.  I will say though, that
I was being stupid and not closing my JMS connection from the client,
which is I assume what most of the EOFs were coming from.

However, when I have a client that does a simple test, I can run it ok
once, twice, no problems.  I put a loop in with a 2 second sleep and it
went ok for 20 runs... I ran it again and then I get the exception.  A
collegue found some questions about JBossMQ not releasing its
filedescriptors quickly enough - my understanding is that it using the
db/jbossmq/[queue-name] for the queue's persistance.  This then makes
sense, when I rapid fire a lot of messages, I get the XAExceptions -
unable to start transaction (I think - not at work atm), which makes
sense, because it cant be sure of the file contents?  Am I on the right
track here or miles off?

I suppose my closing question is how ready is JBossMQ?  Should we be using
openJMS?

cheers, and thanks again.
dim