> I'm trying to use MDBs to enable async operations between different
> EJBs.  The situation I have atm is an entity, a session, a MDB and a stand
> alone client.  In short, I get the following exception on the server:
>
> java.io.EOFException
>     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:1907)
>     at
>
>org.jbossmq.distributed.server.DistributedJMSServerOIL.run(DistributedJMSServerOIL.java:79)

You might try to UIL or the RMI IL, though you might run into a socket hang
during heavy load, due to a race condition... which I still can't find, but
it is there.

You might also try getting the CVS version of JBossMQ and trying that.  I am
running into the same problems.  I went through all of the IL (short of
the INVM IL) and still could not get it to work reliably.  I believe that OIL
will eventually hang like the other IL's, but it is particularly annoying
and keeps dumping those exceptions.

I still need to try the CVS version to see if is behaves any better.

--jason