Von: Carsten Rhod Gregersen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2001 09:14
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [JBoss-user] Mbean using the home and remote beans -
classloader bug in mbeans ?

Hi,

I've asked this question before, I'll try again.

The setup is:
- JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3.zip
- JDK 1.3
- Linux Redhat 6.2

We're programming an ejb application, everythings is ok as regard
to normal use of the EJB facilities in jboss (we have servlets and
jsp's using the programmed ejb's)

But when we're trying to incoporate a mbean based server within the
jboss server, which should be ok regarding the documentation (?),
everything goes bazuka..

The wish is to have the server listens for incomming telnet
connections to a TCP/IP port, where users can do some command
based admin stuff on the container managed beans. The mbean configuration,
port listening, parsing, and all, works fine. The problems start when
we try to contact the EJB server.

We have alot of problems regarding classloading of the home and
remote interfaces classloading within the Mbean. The classloading
seems to be conflicting with the container classloading.

It might be a setup problem, but I really doubt it. We're not new
to EJB programming, but ok who's errorfree :-), and we have tried
to set it up in all kind of ways.

We have solved the problem by coding it as an external server...
but that I find to be a temporary solution, since it's has to use
RMI instead of inprocess call's. Also we have to two processes instead
of one... alot of things can go wrong :-)

Is the given usage possible ?, e.g. should I be able to contact beans
put in the EJB server from an Mbean ?

If so, has anyone managed with jboss 2.4.3 ?,

If not I'll gladly debug it ... but as long as I don't know
if it is a possible scheme I'll rather not spend time on it.

mvh,
Carsten Rhod Gregersen, M.Sc. CS. & Math.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Tlf: 70211360 Web: http://www.logiva.dk
Address: Logiva A/S, Klamsagervej 12, 8230 Åbyhøj, Denmark