Again, I am going to have to disagree with you.  I am no expert so I am just
putting this out there for discussion.  Your statement...

anonymous wrote : but the connector not only allows you to enable server side
auth via ssl negotiation, it also allows you to enable client side auth.

confuses a client with a user of an application.  SSL is a transport layer
protocol.  SSL configured to check certificates (on one side or both) is just a
way to provide trust.  Trust that your server knows the client and trust that
the client knows the server.  Not that the server knows the user using the
client.

However, this does not deal with your original problem of
anonymous wrote :
  | This enables dual ssl. However, it disables basic auth from any clients
towards other web apps that don't require cert based auth.

So what happens with an application that is configured to use BASIC
authentication?
Also, if you have evidence to show my arguments are incorrect, please let me
know.

later, cgriffith

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3949258#3949258