Hello joel,

jc> I'm working on a project, and we have to :-( use
jc> Websphere 3.5

jc> I have to retrieve datas from an FTP periodically.
jc> These datas have to be stored in DB, then used by
jc> servlets.

jc> HOW TO ? your advice ?

jc> That's a bit like Message Driven Beans that push/or
jc> pop messages on a queue every x...periodically.

jc> If I want to use JBoss, I
jc> ss a JBoss Timer appropiate  for that??

You may use Tivoly JMX container in WebSphere (tmx4j somewhere at
alphaworks) - it's free AFAIK and compatible with Jboss's JMX. You
should write MBean which will retrieve data needed and write it to
database itself or as client of yours EJB.

WBR Kir