The order-by is less intuitive, however it would be useful for defining drop in
overrides.  Lets say I wanted to package my component into a JAR and override
the default simply by including the JAR in WEB-INF/lib.  Allowing me to specify
in my JAR's components.xml file that my component should be used instead of the
default would ease the installation of these modules.  It's a convenience
feature to be sure, but it allows users of this module to install it without
any additional configuration.

In the end there is still a need to be able to control things at a top most
level and this can be accomplished via overrides in the top most components.xml.

So, I like being able to override by class attribute.  I'd just also like to
provide third-party component developers easy discovery, install and override
of their components as well.  Some order/priority attributed seemed to work
well for that.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3955727#3955727

Reply to the post :