On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 19:40, Scott M Stark wrote:
> This is not a Catalina integration issue. It is an issue with the
> servlet 2.3 class loading model and the servlet to ejb call
> being optimized when it should not be.

Part of the reason we wanted to embed tomcat was so that the calls would
be optimized.  Will this be fixed?  Or is it possible.  Why don't I just
run tomcat elsewhere instead of embed it if calls are not optimized?

> By default Jetty is not using the servlet 2.3 class loading model
> that loads classes from the war before the parent class loader
> and so it works. If you turn on the servlet 2.3 class loading
> model in Jetty it also fails.
>
> This behavior is not seen if the war is included in the ear with
> the ejb jar and the ejb client jar left out of the war. Is there a
> reason this can't be done?

I updated from CVS this morning re-configured with tomcat4.0.3.  Tomcat
is up and running and I deployed the tomcat-test.ear.

I can access the tomcat-test context but when I click on a servlet link
the servlet still can't talk to the ejb...I get:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:96)
        at $Proxy61.create(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.test.tomcat.servlet.HelloEJB.testBean(HelloEJB.java:71)

Any help appreciated.  Thanks for your work in this area.

-Dennis