As far as ejb-jar.xml, web.xml, etc. (the standard descriptors), you
really should read the Sun specs.  It's a lot of reading but, in my
opinion, necessary.

You can learn about the jboss xml files either off the jboss web site
HTML docs, or you can buy better documentation from flashline (it's good
and cheap).  With very basic apps, you supposedly don't need any jboss
descriptors - but in my experience I've always used them.

Finally, I suggest you use xdoclet:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet/ . I've recently made the
conversion and it's great.  Basically, it generates all those xml files
for you, as well as EJB interfaces, data objects, util classes, etc -
all from your main XXXBean.java files.  Still, you need to have a good
understanding of the the xml descriptor elements and how to use them
first...

David

--

wonder sonic wrote:
> Well it seems so, but I guess I'm really confused
> by all these deployment descriptors ejb-ref
> ejb-local-ref, ejb-link and so on...
>
> Why can't we have only one two files (ejb-jar.xml
> and web.xml)??? :)
>
> Regards,
> Sonic
>
> note: I'm french and the little amount of doc in
>       english isn't really clear for me... Is there
>       a document that explains line by line all these
>       XML tags? And that covers every aspect of an
> EAR?
>       If you know one please tell me, my head is going
>       to explode ;)
>

>  --- Marius Kotsbak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : >
> The jndi-name UserSession is not found. Check with
>
>>localhost:8082
>>(jndiview) what name it is bound to. It has to be
>>the same that you are
>>using in your webapp.
>>
>>On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 14:01, wonder sonic wrote:
>>
>>>Hello everybody,
>>>I've got one error using Session beans
>>
>>(UserSession)
>>
>>>from a JSP and I've got the following error:

>>>javax.servlet.ServletException: UserSession not
>>
>>bound

>>>Can someone tell me what can cause this error?
>>>
>>>thanks in advance,
>>>Wondersonic

>>et en français !
>>
>>>Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

>>>Don't miss the 2002 Sprint PCS Application
>>
>>Developer's Conference
>>
>>>August 25-28 in Las Vegas --
>>
>>http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm

David Ward