You cannot ssh into the CVS server. It will NOT let you run any commands that way. The
way to access it is through a cvs client. Also the right URI for cvs access is:
        :ext:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/jboss

Have you tried using a GUI cvs client like wincvs. You can also use either Netbeans or
Eclipse. They both have built-in clients. Did you upload your ssh key to SF per the
instructions and waited the requisite 6 hrs.

-prabhakar