I have had great success running JBoss 2.4.x and JBoss 3 on SuSE 8.0
under IBM's Java that comes with SuSE.  I have also run JBoss with JDK
1.3.1_01 and 1.4 from Sun, but IBM is the fastest for my application.

However, I would recommend people running servers with Linux to use
either Debian Woody or the new Gentoo distribution.

-James

This