Emerson Cargnin - SICREDI Serviços wrote:

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

Emerson,

I disagree with you classification that cmp is not usable. There are many people that find the performance completely with in their expectations. It is only when you have a high expectation and a very complex schema that you have problems.

what I really mean was that cmp would be alot more usable : )

by the way, we are in in a doubt about a point of architecture :
as i discussed before somew time ago, in a very big system (like the financial one i'm on) there is the need to separate the modules of it, like one for accounting, other for savings, etc. And each one would need to talk with a couple of others. The problem : to separate and allowing those to be separate deployable, you would have to get rid of cmr's and make the modules talk with each other through session facades. In this case even with cmr read-ahead would do nothing to avoid the n*cmr needed to access each entity. And worse, how could I manage the constraints between 2 related (and module separated) entities? one would need to consult the dependent module (via session facade) to see if it could be deleted...

I don't know what going be the solution, throwing entities away, or making up a monolitic system using cmr.

any suggestions?
Yes, in 4.0 there will be an abstraction layer between the cmp view of the world and the physical storage. This means that it will be possible to map several cmp beans in different applications to the same store. The real trick is keeping the caches in sync and this is where the new invalidation code comes into play. Another change is will be the introduction of a domain concept above applications. Applications in the same domain will be able to share a common store manager. These big architectural changes are designed to make this type of application possible. (Note: all of these, except the invalidation code, are still in the concept stage of development)

-dain