Stefan,
Most of our tables use a generated key (via an Oracle Sequence) as the
primary key. Any tables that wanty a foreign key reference to this, always
use this generated key.
Can you give an example where you want to have some other field or
combination of fields as a unique reference to a foreign table?

I would think this is probably a bad idea in the long run.
HTH,
Jonathan O'Connor

Stefan Arentz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]