I've been able to get the XA drivers up and working under version 2.21JC3 of
the IBM/Informix JDBC drivers and with Larry's help.  I had to write a
custom authentication module in order to be able to use the ODBC
authentication setup (to simplify installation) as opposed to the
users.properties file, and I had to modify Larry's wrapper to fix some other
Informix problems (I couldn't get the SQLH_TYPE and SQLH_FILE parameters to
work).  But it is logging in and accessing the database.

I didn't know about Larry's DB-locks problem, though.  Now I'm worried! :(

--
Jim Brownfield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]