Correction: the WebLogic JspC had the "package" switch but in Jasper it's
just -p, same thing only different.

Anyhoo, here's the ant script I use. I specified a package with -p for
another test and every JSP is assigned that package no matter where it lies
in the tree. Maybe the jasper2 task works but have not tried that. What this
does buy me is a sanity check on compilation of our JSPs so it's still
useful.

<path id="jspc-classpath">
      <pathelement path="${jboss.deploy}/web.jar"/>
      <pathelement path="${j2ee.lib}/j2ee.jar"/>
      <pathelement path="${jboss.config.lib}/javax.servlet.jar"/>
      <pathelement
path="${jboss.deploy}/jbossweb.sar/org.apache.jasper.jar"/>
  </path>

  <target name="jspc">
      <java fork="true" classname="org.apache.jasper.JspC"
classpathref="jspc-classpath">
          <arg line="-p foobar -dd ${tmp.jspc} -webapp
/jboss/server/default/deploy/${war}"/>
      </java>
      <javac srcdir="${tmp.jspc}" destdir="${tmp.jspc}"
classpathref="jspc-classpath"/>
  </target>
.