From: "Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] classpath for JSP compiling

Jules Gosnell wrote:

> This step is problematic to perform in an automated manner, due to the
> need for development time knowledge (which jsps are servlets and which
> are just included, etc...).

I understand there is a problem detecting this automatically, but would
it be hard to implement given a configuration file snippet saying
exactly which files to compile?

I read the FAQ and found that there is a convoluted code sample which
apparently maintains such a snippet (it is not easy to understand
without running it).    This may be adapted to provide such a list.

My current approach is to use the ?jsp_precompile feature, but that is
also hard to automate as it is difficult to estimate when the
asynchronic deployment with JBoss is finished so Jetty is ready to serve
pages.

I understand that the Trifork J2EE server can do this.  Perhaps it is a
nice feature to have?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen      Scandiatransplant
                               Skejby Sygehus, indgang 3