From: Rod Macpherson Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 5:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] EJB inserts do not show up in subsequent
queries

TX commits (we can see the data with, say, toad or enterprise manager)
and subsequent session bean call initiated query does not show the data.
The insert is initiated with an HTTP request and the view is initiated
in a separate HTTP request so the TX either succeeded or silently failed
but we can see the data outside of JBoss.

This is our first use of 3.2.2 and we are using the x-ds.xml examples as
the basis of our sqlserver and oracle ds configurations. Point being
this is not a sudden breakage but rather a new migration from 3.0. so it
could be pilot error on our part. Drivers are the same, code is the
same, database is the same, new JBoss 3.2.2 RC4. Also tried local build
RC4 source with jetty as the web container: same problem.

This morning I will personally verify that we ran the same app against
JBoss 3.0 without incident. AFAIK that test was done and everything was
fine in 3.0. Maybe there is something obvious in the oracle-ds.xml and
mssql-ds.xml we did not do?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<datasources>
<local-tx-datasource>
<jndi-name>OracleDSX</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@foo:1521:bar</connection-url>
<driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
<user-name>austin</user-name>
<password>shaggadelic</password>
<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.Orac
leExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
</local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>