Hi Rod,

I've been trying to reproduce your problem, but it works for me.
(3.2.2RC5)

You have a transaction that creates some cmp instances
and does some things with relations and an update.
This commits ok, and as you say, you can see the results externally.

You then invoke getLocations() outside a transaction,
which asks for a db connection - is this the query that is failing to
see the data?

I don't see how it can fail, it is using the same
underlying db connection in both processes.

What does the getLocations() code look like?
Do you have any special db configuration, you mentioned
stored procedures in a previous post?

Can you try the following:
System.out.println("Connection warnings:");
SQLWarning w = connection.getWarnings();
while (w != null)
{
   System.out.println(w);
   w = w.getNextWarning();
}
And the same for the statement/result set.

Also, can you try a simpler test:
Write a session bean with two methods (one Required, one NotSupported)
The first method inserts a record, the second tries to read it.
Invoke the methods in that order.
Does the second method see the data?
If it does, rewrite it to perform the same sql as your real
application and try it again.

Regards,
Adrian

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx