From: Alexey Loubyansky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] EJB inserts do not show up in subsequent
queries:

Can you see the SQL executed? Any differences? What does "we must bounce JBoss..." mean?

Thanks,
alex

Rod Macpherson wrote:

3.2.2 RC4 is NFG:

Ran the same EAR against the same database on 3.0.7 without incident. On 3.2.2 RC4 we must bounce JBoss to see inserted records.

-----Original Message----- From: Rod Macpherson Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 5:13 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] EJB inserts do not show up in subsequent queries

TX commits (we can see the data with, say, toad or enterprise manager)

and subsequent session bean call initiated query does not show the data. The insert is initiated with an HTTP request and the view is initiated in a separate HTTP request so the TX either succeeded or silently failed but we can see the data outside of JBoss.

This is our first use of 3.2.2 and we are using the x-ds.xml examples as the basis of our sqlserver and oracle ds configurations. Point being this is not a sudden breakage but rather a new migration from 3.0. so it could be pilot error on our part. Drivers are the same, code is the same, database is the same, new JBoss 3.2.2 RC4. Also tried local build RC4 source with jetty as the web container: same problem.

This morning I will personally verify that we ran the same app against

JBoss 3.0 without incident. AFAIK that test was done and everything was fine in 3.0. Maybe there is something obvious in the oracle-ds.xml

and mssql-ds.xml we did not do?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<datasources>
 <local-tx-datasource>
   <jndi-name>OracleDSX</jndi-name>
   <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@foo:1521:bar</connection-url>
   <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
   <user-name>austin</user-name>
   <password>shaggadelic</password>

<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.Or
ac
leExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
 </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Burke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 5:00 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] EJB inserts do not show up in subsequent queries

version? Same tx? Did tx commit?

Bill

Rod Macpherson wrote:

New records created using entity beans are not showing up in subsequent queries. Problem is manifest using both SQL Server and Oracle in 3.2.2

RCX - no problem on 3.0.X.